In the months before the start of the semester, it can certainly be somewhat difficult to find a suitable flat or room in Paderborn - cheap accommodation is in high demand at this time. Especially in the summer months of July-September, many first-year students are looking for accommodation.
Compared to other university cities, Paderborn's housing market for students is somewhat more relaxed: while flats directly on campus or in the popular student neighbourhoods (e.g. Riemekeviertel, Ansgarviertel, Südstadt, Paderquellgebiet) are sometimes a little more difficult to find, students can switch to (often cheaper) alternatives in the region (e.g. Schloß Neuhaus, Paderborn-Elsen). Transport connections to the university are then organised by bus and train.
- Use the usual online housing exchanges (e.g. WG-gesucht.de).
- Place a search advert in the local press (e.g. Neue Westfälische, Westfalen-Blatt).
- Have a look at the Paderborn Facebook groups (e.g. students at Paderborn University, flats in the Riemekeviertel - Paderborn, group
for flat share requests | WG-Zimmer und WG Wohnungen, Zimmer in Paderborn,...).
- Find out about current rental prices in Paderborn.
- For short-term accommodation, use the Paderborn Youth Hostel, for example.
- Find out about housing benefit from Paderborn city council. Students are generally not entitled to this, but there are some